Administrative & Marketing Assistant
Interstate Engineering is looking for an Administrative Assistant/Marketing Assistant to support our Mandan, North Dakota, team. This position will support the busy engineering and survey team while also providing support to the marketing department. A qualified candidate will have strong organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Office is required, and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred. Basic clerical and administrative skills are also needed for success in this position. Experience with engineering and surveying fields a plus. A good position for those looking to expand their marketing experience.
In this role, you will perform administrative duties in support of the office and marketing department. Clerical duties such as document processing, report preparation, and data retrieval and filing will be included. The role will also coordinate meetings, travel and ordering supplies, and update and maintain process documentation.
- Responds to standard inquiries. Refers complex requests to appropriate staff members.
- Drafts and type standard letters and memoranda from specific instructions and prepares documents for distribution.
- Maintains and updates established websites with the assistance of basic web publishing software applications.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of processes.
- Produces a variety of correspondence and reports in support of processes.
- Schedules meetings, coordinates travel arrangements, and maintains appointment calendars on behalf of managers or supervisors; may coordinate meeting amenities (i.e. refreshments, etc.).
- Updates and maintains databases, systems applications, files and/or spreadsheets to ensure accurate and current information is available for use by others; prepares reports as directed.
- Retrieves records or data and distributes information as appropriate to provide timely and accurate information to team members or external customers.
- Files documents for on-site storage as well as long-term archiving.
- Receives and refers visitors and telephone callers within the office, ensuring that callers reach their intended destination.
- Processes and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, interoffice messages, and voicemail messages throughout the company.
- Using Microsoft Office as the main tool with the additional use of Adobe Creative Products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to proofread with a firm grasp of grammar and spelling
- Operation of standard office equipment
- Ability to multitask and be self-starting
- Communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere is vital
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Adobe Creative Products
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision software
- Previous experience with engineering and/or surveying firm