Staff Civil Engineer
Interstate Engineering, a regional civil engineering is a regional civil engineering firm, is seeking an experienced professional engineer with a collaborative work style and a strong drive to expand the Mandan, North Dakota team.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, this role places you in a position to be involved in the process from concept through completion, meeting the varied needs of our clients throughout Central North Dakota. Our clients, who have come to expect reliability and professionalism, also know we are relatable and willing to go the extra mile when the need arises. As an employee-owned organization, we take pride in the work we accomplish.
As a Staff Civil Engineer, you will provide support to project management and design engineers. You will guide and track projects in the design phase; grow your technical skills by achieving team goals in conjunction with all team members and the direction of our highly skilled senior engineers; provide project specific design services such as, quantity estimates, preparation of drawings and calculations, and develop design solutions; engage in strengthening our relationship with our clients by maintaining engineering standards, best practices, and procedures; contribute to the firm through promotional and strategic efforts of the organization; perform construction observation and management; and collect data for design.
- Two years of full-time civil engineering experience
- Understanding of design and construction engineering
- Interest in transportation, hydraulics, and municipal engineering
- Engineering internship experience
- Interest in rural communities?
- Familiarity with NDDOT Road design including Microstation GeoPak software and NDDOT CAD standards.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Technical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Willingness to take direction
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere is vital
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply For This PositionMail your resume & cover letter to:
c/o Eric Urness
PO Box 1254
Mandan, ND 58554
701-663-5455 Email your resume & cover letter to: email@example.com