Be part of an established team leading the way in design and drafting for the future of central North Dakota. Through the use of Microstation and GeoPAK, the engineering team of Interstate Engineering is looking to expand to include a design-savvy individual with the ability to work independently while completing the project as part of the overall team. This is an opportunity to work with a wide variety of infrastructure and utility projects throughout the region while expanding technical skills and experience in a strong regionally based firm.
Having the understanding of design and drafting for of highways, county roads, streets, municipal projects and site plans for commercial and residential development projects will be highly beneficial as that is the focus of our company. Our clients, who have come to expect reliability and professionalism, also know we are relatable and willing to go the extra mile when the need arises. As an employee-owned organization, we take pride in the work we accomplish.
- Accurately create and modify Microstation drawings for a variety of projects. The foundation for these drawings may be generated from various data including digitizing, computations, or from survey information utilizing GeoPak software.
- Prepare base maps utilizing point files imported from field survey data.
- Draft construction plans consisting of project details, plan and profile sheets, site layouts, utility grades, street design, and cross sections.
- Complete computations for earthwork volumes and project quantities.
- Assist with presentation graphics and report figures.
- Assist with digital filing of work products.
- Assist other departments with completion of drawings including base maps, record surveys, ALTA surveys, plats, maps, that may include contours and digital terrain models. This may include fieldwork.
- Secondary tasks include construction observation and assistance in fieldwork tasks.
- Proficient in Microstation GeoPak.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in written documentation of construction activities.
- Willingness to travel and work outside.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in NDDOT road design and familiarity with NDDOT CAD standards a plus.
- Some experience with AutoCad Civil 3D and/or In Roads.
- Experience with GIS.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.