We are looking to expand our team with the addition of another Structural Engineer.
As a Structural Engineer, you will play a key role in the design of commercial, county and municipal structural projects; lead a multi-disciplinary team using your technical and management skills; utilize your technical expertise by being hands-on during the design process; direct your team by providing technical direction and expertise; use project management skills for organizing, planning, and directing work activities and budgets; foster and build client base through interpersonal relationships; contribute to business development opportunities including preparing proposals and leading client meetings; and construction management.
We are looking to expand our team with the addition of a Structural Engineer. You will play a key role in the design of structural elements for bridges, buildings, and other structures large and small. The ideal candidate will have excellent mathematical and analytical skills. You will also be detail-oriented, creative and prosses amazing problem-solving skills.
To ensure success, you should display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware, and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of bridges, buildings, and other structures large and small. Top candidates will have a fantastic project and budget management skills with great knowledge of construction processes, materials, and legal regulations.
Structural Engineer Responsibilities:
• Prepare reports, designs, and drawings.
• Complete calculations including loads, resistance and stresses.
• Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
• Provide technical advice on code compliant and safe designs and construction.
• Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
• Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
• Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers.
• Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
• Administer contracts and manage projects.
• Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
• Use computer-aided design technology for simulation purposes.
• Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential).
• 6 years of work experience as a Structural Engineer (essential).
• Expert experience in project management.
• Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations.
• Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
• Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
• Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
• Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication and IT skills.
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
• Ability to walk rugged terrain
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
• Some travel required
• Some overtime required
• Some overnight or long-term lodging required
Apply For This PositionMail your resume & cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources
1903 12th Avenue SW
PO Box 2035
Jamestown, ND 58402 Email your resume & cover letter to: HR@interstateeng.com